TrimbleMime-Version: 1.0

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Feb 8 18:31:11 UTC 2022

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 08 Feb 2022 02:55:10 -0800
Hal Murray <halmurray at sonic.net> wrote:

> Have you got it working yet?

I'm not sure which you are talking about.  The broken RES360, or the RES720?

I have a firmware update that is supposed to fix my RES 360, but I'm
woorkong on the very different RES 720 right now.  I'll fuss with tthe
new firmware later.  The RES720 is comong along.  Most of the TPV stuff
works, but the SKY stuff is WIP.

> Gary said:
> > Yesterday I fire up my Trimble RES360.  And it is 2019 all over
> > again. I peeked at the TSIP binary, and it is sending a negative
> > GPS Time OF Week (TOW), and an extended GPS week of 2048.  For
> > reference this week is GPS week 2195.  Transmitted as week 147
> > (2195 modulo 1024).
>
> Is this a production model or did they slip you an engineering
> version so you would find things like this for them?

The RES360 has firmware from 2006, so not new at all.  It did sit on a
stocking shelf for 10 years before I got it.  There have been several
firmware updates for major problems since 2006.

> Is the negative week -147?  In which case, you can just add an abs()
> and go back to work.

Nope.  Week is stuck at 2048.  It is the TOW that is negative.

> Did they forget a byte swap?

Nope.  It actually computes the lat/lon/alt and SKY view perfectly.
Since it could not increment the week, it went backwards in TOW.  Thus
coming to a working time solution.