NTS doesn't work with 1.1.8 shipped with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Thu Apr 7 23:46:24 UTC 2022

Richard Laager said:
> I've been aware this is a problem, but literally nobody has complained to me

> Additionally, it's a backwards incompatible change..

There is a potential case where this could screwup.  Consider somebody with s
server running 20.04.  It will happily serve clients that are also running
20.04.  If this is "fixed", the server and clients need to be updated in sync.

I think it's best to put this on the back burner until a user gets interested.