Using Go for NTPsec

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Jun 30 20:36:31 UTC 2021

Richard Laager via devel writes:
> On 6/29/21 3:41 PM, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
>> Well, first, the historical target for accuracy of WAN time service is
>> more than an order of magnitude higher than 1ms.
>
> My two NTP servers are +- 0.1 ms and +- 0.2 ms as measured by the NTP
> pool monitoring system across the Internet.

That doesn't tell you anything about the actual time difference in the
absence of an independent method of establishing a common timescale.
Assuming that both these servers run off GPS that sort of offset would
either indicate an unsually symmetric connection between the monitoring
system and your servers or that the monitoring system is compensating /
averaging over a larger time window than NTp usually does.

Regards,
Achim.