Anyboddy setting the log file by command line (-l)

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Fri Aug 20 00:32:45 UTC 2021

It's broken on FreeBSD.  The symptoms are that NTS-KE doesn't work. :)

The context is issues #710 and #711.

I haven't looked at the code yet.

The fork/daemon code is cleaning up and closing everything but stdin, stdout,
and stderr.  Or at least that's what I expect it to be doing.  I think it's
closing the log file without telling the log code, so the logging continues to
use the old file.  If NTS-KE is running, that log file is gets reused for the
TCP connection so the log messages trash the SSL connection.  Or something
like that.

If it's working for somebody, that might help me understand the code.