ntpq sysstat

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sun Aug 15 16:34:18 UTC 2021

I'm working on #709, so I've got the sysstat stuff mostly reloaded into my
cache.

ntpq/sysstat in the current release is buggy.

ntpq> syss
uptime:                 48654
control requests:       43
unexpected vc type 11 for ss_reset, value 1854
packets received:       54
current version:        53

It looks like the bug was introduced when you reverted the recent/total 2
column work.

in do_sysstats
            ("ss_reset", "sysstats reset:       ", NTP_UPTIME),
collect_display doesn't handle NTP_UPTIME
collect_display2 does

I think the fix is either to change that NTP_UPTIME to NTP_INT
or to restore the 2 column mode.

I thought the 2 column mode was working OK.  Do you remember why you reverted
it?  Note the dates.  It looks like maybe an old merge request that should
have been dropped got merged instead.

$ git log ntpclients/ntpq.py
commit ccd8756163e1de20ca0b566ac4eb4ded34a3ad37