Runtime testing, What's the CI environment like?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 4 22:58:54 UTC 2020

Can we run ntpd long enough to test the initialization and much of the other code?

I'm thinking of something like start ntpd, wait a while, then kill it.  While it is running, we can also test ntpq.  The idea is to take advantage of the handful of environments that are readily available.

Is our code running as root?  Is ntpd (or whatever) running?  If so, can we turn it off?

-------

I got a message from gitlab today about limiting/charging for CI time.  Is that CPU seconds or wall-clock seconds?

Should we make a list of OS/distro/version known to work?
And another for refclocks?