Python support policy

Stephan Seitz stse+ntpsec at rootsland.net
Fri Sep 4 07:37:47 UTC 2020

On Do, Sep 03, 2020 at 23:06:48 -0700, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
>Why the hate for Python 2?  Supporting it is trivial.  Let the distros
>stop supporting Python 2 before we do.  When distros support Python 2, we

I think this is the wrong way.
Distros can stop supporting python 2 when every upstream has stopped
using python 2.

I don’t know how much work it is to support python 2, but python 2 is
dead and I wouldn’t waste my time supporting it.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |