Python support policy

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Sep 4 06:37:55 UTC 2020

Gary said:
> When distros support Python 2, we need to support Python 2.

Not quite.  When distros support Python2 and Python3 is not available, then it
would be nice if we supported Python2.

There is still the question of how big that market is and how much effort it
takes to support it.

I agree that the effort to support Python2 is small.  But every now and then
Eric gets a bee in his bonnet to get rid of stuff like that.

Another question...  How many systems are we interested in that have Python2,
don't have Python3, and have a version of OpenSSL that is too old for NTS?

How much effort do we want to put in supporting systems without NTS?