Python support policy

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Sep 3 01:38:55 UTC 2020

Richard said:
> Option B is a little bit more work, but keeps the scripts directly executable
> from the source tree, which could be helpful for development. (The other
> substitutions aren't typically critical, as they are things like
> @NTPSEC_VERSION_EXTENDED at .) Is this something people care about?

My 2 cents...

I'm not interested in running python code out of the source tree.  I want to
use the new libraries which are over in the build tree.

Some programs in ntpclients/ might work out of the source tree but I won't
want to be bothered figuring out which ones do/don't or more likely keeping
track of which ones will work with the installed libraries.