Python support policy

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 3 07:30:48 UTC 2020

On 9/2/20 7:54 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> A big one: RHEL.  As I said earlier, any time Python 2 breaks in gpsd
> it only takes a day or two for complaints.  I have customers that will
> be on RHEL for years to come.  They need NTPsec.
RHEL 6 support (measured in terms of security updates) ends in November
of this year. So by the time a version of NTPsec releases without Python
2 support, we'd be looking at RHEL 7.

I can't seem to access this, even with my free RedHat subscription:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2353081

But my CentOS 7 system has:
$ cat /etc/redhat-release ; python3 --version
CentOS Linux release 7.8.2003 (Core)
Python 3.6.8

So, RHEL seems fine.

--