Fw: [Ntp] New security and protocol enhancements for NTP

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Nov 10 18:28:55 UTC 2020

Yo All!

David L. Mills has a new proposal: NTP Lite.

See below.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 13:21:16 -0500
From: "David L. Mills" <Mills at Udel.edu>
To: NTP WG <ntp at ietf.org>
Subject: [Ntp] New security and protocol enhancements for NTP

Folks,

A while back, I tossed a memo over the fence for review and discussion
in the NTP working group. The intent was not to prolong the NTS
discussion, but to concentrate on implementation and testing of new
protocols and algorithms.

A new and expanded version of the memo is now available. I have
included an abstract in this message along with three cosmic laws to
consider. The memo can be found at

https://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/Autokey3.txt

Ordinarily, the memo would best be revealed as an internet draft on the
way to an informational RFC. Your review and suggestions in this
adventure would be delightful. The intent is not to compete with
current proposals for exotic new features, but to suggest productive
embellishments that improve the design and performance.

My apologies for occasional spelling and grammar errors in the
document; I have become blind and must rely on a screen reader, which
is awkward at best.

Dave