thinking of tagging 1.2.0 for when NTS is officially official.

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Sat May 30 23:23:51 UTC 2020

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 5:51 PM Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> > I'm thinking of tagging 1.2.0 for when NTS is officially official.
>
> Seems like a good plan.
>
> I'm expecting there will be a new port number assigned for the KE server.
>   Step 1 will be to listen on both old and new port #
>   Step 2 is to switch the client side to default to the new port #.
>   Step 3 is to stop listening on the old port #.
>
> I'm thinking a day or two between steps.
> We could complicate things with some conf options.
>
> Which one do you want to call 1.2.0?
>
> Plan B is to merge them all 3 steps and tolerate the brokenness until
> everybody switches to the new port number.

The port has been assigned:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.xhtml?search=4460

I will check with the network team and work on adding the new port as
a listening option but I don't know the timeframe for that.

> --
> These are my opinions.  I hate spam.

"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains".
--Rousseau.