Fuzz, Numbers

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 13 08:54:16 UTC 2020

Thanks.

> and without 'limited' on ~5kpps I have 8-10% CPU regardless minitoring
> enabled/disabled. About 1% on 1000pps.

Is that within reason or worth investigating? 1% times 5 should be 5% rather
than 8-10% but there may not be enough significant digits in any of the
numbers.

> For those who want to process hundreds of thousands of requests per  second
> (like 'national standard' servers) you can use multithreading and  multiply
> power of server.

The current code isn't setup for threads.  I think with a bit of work, we
could get multiple threads on the server side.

On an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
I can get 330K packets per second.
258K with AES CMAC.
I don't have NTS numbers yet.