--enable-doc waf config option removed

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 3 00:00:58 UTC 2020

Gary said:
> Not that I saw.  I'm for bringing it back.  Asciidoctor pulls in ruby, and
> ruby mutates so quickly that I find it often broken.

There was a gigantic discussion, but it was over on MR !1037 rather than here.

The info is in NEWS.  It was appended to the Repository head section rather than top-posted so you have to look a bit farther to find it.

Looks like they forgot to send a summary/heads-up to the list.

Quick summary.  The default changed.  they removed --enable-doc and added --disable-doc.