✘Python 2.7 broken

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Dec 13 17:49:49 UTC 2020

Yo James!

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 02:00:41 -0800
James Browning via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> IIRC the python ntpclients compare version includes the git commit
> (excluding releases?) And includes the build epoch. I remember that
> the build epochs didn't match in a version of the Gentoo ebuild.

You can't use build epochs to match files.  waf will happily let you
recompile only parts of a package.  Then the build epochs do not match.

Another reason not to use them it to move to reproduceable builds.
Ideally you can build the same source at different times on different
hosts, and the results match exactly.