✘Python 2.7 broken

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Dec 13 03:17:37 UTC 2020

Yo James!

On Sat, 12 Dec 2020 18:53:35 -0800
James Browning via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> > You do NOT want to use the module in destdir.
> >

> I thought I wanted to use the module in DESTDIR.

No, the tests are run before installing in DESTDIR.  So that you can stop
and not install broken things.

> To find install
> issues before the ground drops out under me.

Right.  Which is why DESTDIR is wrong.  You want to be using the
built files before installing in DESTDIR.

> Given that you know
> better, I will not interfere with your rewrite.

I have no rewrite.  If I have to fix it I'll just revert.  Better for
you to fix it properly.