1.1.6 build fails on FC30

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Apr 17 05:13:24 UTC 2020

> Because RS232 signaling is negative logic.

That's what I used to think, but somebody corrected me many years ago.

The data is upside down but the control signals are not.

>From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-232
under Voltage levels

For data transmission lines (TxD, RxD, and their secondary channel
equivalents), logic one is represented as a negative voltage and the signal
condition is called "mark". Logic zero is signaled with a positive voltage and
the signal condition is termed "space". Control signals have the opposite
polarity: the asserted or active state is positive voltage and the de-asserted
or inactive state is negative voltage. Examples of control lines include
request to send (RTS), clear to send (CTS), data terminal ready (DTR), and
data set ready (DSR).