Considering dropping Python 2 support (was Re: Python.h quirk)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Sep 22 07:27:55 UTC 2019

> Given that the Python community is driving hard on deprecating Python2 on
> 2020-01-01, I'm inclined to drop Python2 support on that date.

That doesn't give us an excuse to screwup just because somebody has an old
file around.

Lots of people run old unsupported software.

> the distros will still be forced to clarify which one is installed.

There is no reason that both can't be installed.  You have to decide which one
runs when you type "python", but python2 and python3 should work if you want
to use the other one.