Future directions

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Sep 16 21:09:45 UTC 2019

devel at ntpsec.org said:
> I'd like to see "struct shmTimme" cleaned up and move into a header file for
> system use..  Right now it is not in any header file, so clients like gpsd
> need their own copies.

Assume we had a nice header file.  Where would it live?  What are the
mechanics of getting it to ntpsec or gpsd?

Maybe another project with the sample/test code?

I think we should put the current stuff on the back burner and make a new SHM
interface where the clients are read only.

Is shmget/shmat the right API to use?  I remember discussions of there being a
wrong API but don't remember any details.