loopstats - concatenate?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 17 01:48:08 UTC 2019

hmurray at megapathdsl.net said:
>> Can I concatenate the loopstats-files to get statistics over longer time? Or
>> is there some catch?
> Sure.  The first 2 columns are MJD and seconds-in-day.

The default is a file per day.   There are other options, see
  /usr/share/doc/ntp/html/monopt.html
or
  docs/includes/mon-commands.adoc

I find that daily files, the default, are a reasonable size/quantity trade
off.  If you graph the last 2 day files, you get between 24 and 48 hours.
That's small enough so that you can see enough local details yet you always
have enough recent history to see what was going on before a recent glitch.
(If you only plot the latest file, you can't seen what was happening before a
glitch that happens early in the day.)