Port assignment

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Mar 24 05:01:38 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 20:00:10 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> >> Yes, but not going to happen this weekend.
>
> > Is that anything someone else could add?
>
> It turned out to be simple.  I was thinking I was going to need to
> modify many layers of code to pass the port number around, but it was
> already there inside sockaddr.
>
> I just pushed a fix,

Wow, quick.  Thanks!

Pulled and installed on all of my four servers.

> but the test case seems to have vanished so I
> can't verify it.  zoo.weinigel.se responds to non NTS packets on port
> 123 so I'm guessing they moved it.

zoo.weinigel.se:4446 responded with port 4126.
zoo.weinigel.se:4447 responded with port 123.

I just reconnected with your new code.  Looks good to me:

server -4 zoo.weinigel.se:4447 nts maxpoll 5

 37-46-169-123.c 0.0.0.0     5 8   31   32   17 182.1776  13.0616  18.0560

Ah, I changed to :4446 and nothing.  So he did not add a second server,
he moved his one server.

We were on the jabber channel.  ntp at jabber.ietf.org

They worked to 8pm CET.  Everyone ended up being able to act as
client or server to all the others.

Ostfalia wanted me to install their root certs, which I would not do.
"noval" worked fine.  But we eventually need pinning.

weinidel set up the 4447 bug to work around the udp port issue.
It had a bug on their end, they fixed.

Strangled just needed the EXPORTER thing that you documented in the
code so well that the weinidel guy found in a minute of grabbing the
source.

> We get through the NTS-KE part but NTP+NTS isn't
> working.

That was the bug he fixed, then it worked for me.