Old OpenSSL

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Mar 23 00:11:40 UTC 2019

devel at ntpsec.org said:
> New issue.  I have a really old server that has been running NTPsec git head
> until recently.  Now it fails, the openssl is too old.

> # openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2o  27 Mar 2018

> I know I can update the openssl, but many people will not be able to...

> How do I disable building with openssl?

You can't.  Yet?  Besides, Eric doesn't like build options.

Something is strange about that system.  What OS/Distro?

It builds on many old systems, including some older than that.  There is a
list near the top of ntpd/nts_client.c
I'm not sure I have tested all of them, but they do build and that's farther
than you got.