-4 and -6 should work with nts

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Mar 21 19:32:20 UTC 2019

> Hmm, I've got issues.  Would be nice if ntpmon showed the IPv4/ipv6 status.

That's not a NTS issue.  (Yes, it would be nice if we could improve it, but
not high on my list.)

You might be able to get what you want if the reverse DNS has a 4/6 in the
name.  I'm not a wizard in this area.

> I added this to kong.rellim.com:
> server pi3.rellim.com nts -4 maxpoll 5
> server pi3.rellim.com nts -6 maxpoll 5

I think the -4 and -6 go between the "server" and host name.  Please check the
log files for an error message.

> TLS 1.2 only, TCP port 123.  They will go up and down frequently.

TLS 1.3 now available on ntp1.glypnod.com (San Francisco) and ntp2.glypnod.com
(London).