Certificates, DNS, Hackathon

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 20 19:57:01 UTC 2019

I've been testing with self-signed certificates.  It's time to shift to real
certificates.  They need a FQDN which I don't have, so it's time to get a
domain.  (I want one for other reasons anyway.)  Anybody have suggestions for
vendors?   Low cost is obviously good, but so is low hassle and I'd prefer one
that is not spammer/crook friendly.  A package that includes DNS servers would
save me having to learn about that and run them.  How much does that add to
the cost?

It would be nice if we had a couple of systems on the net for the hackathon
this weekend.

I have a couple of cloud servers in the pool.  All they need is certificates.