Fwd: Clock variables for DCF77

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 00:49:56 UTC 2019

Stupid Gmail replying to the sender instead of the list.

On 3/9/19, Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

>> clock_var_list="name,timecode,poll,noreply,badformat,baddata,fudgetime1,fudget
>> ime2,stratum,refid,flags,device,clock_var_list,refclock_ppsskew,refclock_ppsti
>> me,refclock_time,ref
>> clock_status,refclock_format,refclock_states,,\x0c\x0c\x0
>> 1,\x01",
>
> refclock_ppsskew is only in refclock_generic.
>
> I don't know how that stuff works.  Looks like there is some mechanism for
> drivers to add to the list of driver variables and it's returning one too
> many.
>
> The only place where refclock_states occurrs in the code is:
>   tt = ap(start, LEN_STATES, tt, "refclock_states=\"");
> So I don't know how that string gets into the clock_var_list list.

Can you check if it happens in: 41427efeec and 1ac4406fb5 ?

I think I may have broken something in ntpd/ntp_control.c but looking
at it I don't see how. There is a list that matches part of that in
ntp_control but it should have paused at clock_var_list before
continuing on the path that leads it to returning two or three imo
extra entries. I think it should have broken right before it output
',,'.