The next big push

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 22:33:52 UTC 2019

On 6/19/19 5:28 PM, Eric S. Raymond via devel wrote:
> I'd like to see two different kinds of responses to this provocation.
>
> 1. Are there blockers on the road to Go?
>
> 2. No, there's something else more important to do first.

Before any general push to Go happens there needs to be either a general
familiarization with the more opinionated parts of the language, or a
small part ported (like the python tools). Go has a way to knocking
people sideways with its assumptions.

Fortunately enough time has passed that we get to use modules instead of
the mess that was GOPATH OR ELSE.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb