ntp.conf changes for NTS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 31 22:47:47 UTC 2019

> No, re-keyed -- you specifically want to avoid the TLS renegotiation or even
> worse, reconnection.  The session itself stays open.  You could conceivably
> just open another connection inside the same session as far as TLS is
> concerned.  I don't know which of the two options is more efficient.

I think we would want to tweak the protocol to handle the pool case.

The current pool code does a DNS lookup, for each answer, it skips ones that
are already active and takes new ones.  If it wants more, it tries again in a
while.  That will work if there is only one answer.

That does depend on the server not returning the same answer every time.