Should we get a waf?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 28 20:42:11 UTC 2019

> Are there any features in waf 2.x that you were looking forward to?  Or do
> you just want us to avoid getting too far behind?

Just trying to avoid getting too far behind.

If nothing else, I'd like their online documentation to correspond to the
version I'm trying to debug.

---------

I still don't understand how libraries work and haven't found the place that
explains it.  I see things like this in ntpd/wscript:
          use="libntpd_obj ntp M parse RT CAP SECCOMP PTHREAD NTPD "
Is there anything magic in the capitalization?
It seems to not complain on non-Linux systems that don't have libseccomp so
I'm guessing that they are ignored unless you have checked to verify that
library exists.

Mostly, I'm trying to understand how Eric gets -python when I don't.