Should we get a waf?

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Mon Jan 28 16:18:39 UTC 2019

We're using a version from 6 months ago (https://gitlab.com/ita1024/waf-old/commits/waf-1.9)

> At some point we'll have to, but there's a glitch in the way.  Our present
> waf build does something magic that doesn't work past 1.9 - I've fogotten
> the details.

waf 2.x dropped support for 'type_name' and 'field_name' as arguments to check_cc().  So we'll need to work-around that and any other incompatibilities.  I'll work on this.

@Hal,
Are there any features in waf 2.x that you were looking forward to?  Or do you just want us to avoid getting too far behind?

Cheers,
-Matt