devel/nts.adoc

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jan 18 08:28:35 UTC 2019

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> I thought one-word labels would make references easier to read and write.
> Especially because the analytical names are made up of similar parts - I
> wanted to avoid issues like people typoing NTS for NTP and vice-versa.

Except that there is no simple way to translate Alpha to one of those boxes.
You didn't pick left to right, top to bottom, or clockwise starting at X.

I think typos in the document would get fixed quickly.  Typos in email are
more complicated.  So are reados.

> There used to be even more more risk of such typos before I replaced "-C"
> with "-client" and "-S" with "-server".

That part was good.  I think we should make a pass changing NTS to NTS-KE.
That also reduces the likelihood of typos.