prep for cutting a release, target 2019-01-13

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Jan 15 20:12:50 UTC 2019

Eric S. Raymond via devel writes:
> Thanks, that's a more specific clue than we've had before, and I think
> explains why nobody else could reproduce the bug.  You need a
> rate_exceeded event to trigger it.

Well, it might be the first time it's all together in a single mail, but
all the information was already available earlier.  The question still
is why it gets a KOD at all (maybe once in a while the requests from the
other clients line up in a way that causes a KOD to be sent, but with so
few clients I don't really see the trigger).  The occurence is more rare
since I've de-configured burst mode, but it still happens.

> I'm now betting this bug was introduced by the changed handling of KOD
> packets in Daniel's refactoring of the protcol engine. That tells me
> where to look.

Again, that suspicion was raised earlier, by you IIRC.  I've looked at
that patch, but it changed so many other things.

> I'll put some attention on this immediately.  I think it is quite likely
> that it will be trivial to fix once I have identified the exact defect.

I'm certain of that. :-)

Regards,
Achim.