linking to libaes_siv

Daniel Franke dfoxfranke at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 16:09:49 UTC 2019

The BSDs work the same way Linux does except on FreeBSD the
configuration file is called /etc/ld-elf.so.conf and you run 'ldconfig
-elf' after you've changed it.

Your distribution owns /usr and packages not installed through your
distribution's packaging system shouldn't touch it and should default
to /usr/local. And under no circumstances should a makefile be
touching /etc/ld.so.conf. This is just standard UNIX stuff, absolutely
nothing special about ntpd or libaes_siv.