linking to libaes_siv

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Feb 17 15:37:53 UTC 2019

> > Let us know what work - it should be documented.
>
> This is what I used on Linux:
>
> echo "/usr/local/lib/" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/libaes_siv.conf
> ldconfig
>

> This is what I used on NetBSD and FreeBSD.  There is probably a better/cleaner
> way, but I wasn't in the mood to go hunting for it.
>
> cd /usr/lib/
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libaes_siv.a
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libaes_siv.so
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libaes_siv.so.1
> ln -s /usr/local/lib/libaes_siv.so.1.0.0
>

> NetBSD needed one more:
> cd /usr/include/
> ln -s /usr/local/include/aes_siv.h
>

> All as root

Hmmm.  Daniel, is there any way to beat cmake into setting PREFIX=/usr/lib?
That would make all these problems go away.

/me looks

According to

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6003374/what-is-cmake-equivalent-of-configure-prefix-dir-make-all-install

this might do it:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr . && make all install

Hal, please test at least to the point of make -n install.  If this works
it would be a good recipe to put in INSTALL.