no ssl.h on macos?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 11 02:48:32 UTC 2019

devel at ntpsec.org said:
> So we either need to add "SSL" to the "use" flag for the parser builder (not
> that the parser actually needs OpenSSL), or we change the chaining of the
> include files so that the parser doesn't have a transitive dependency on
> openssl/ssl.h

> My intuition is that the latter is the correct long-term answer, but I'm not
> sure how to appropriately re-arrange the header inclusions.

Does use="SSL" cover the include search path or just enable the library at
link time?

The parser doesn't need the library at run time, but ntp.h or ntpd.h does need
nts.h to get the NTS per-client data for the peer struct.

It would take some serious rearrangements to fix that, but it would be a good
idea.  (my opinion)