Update

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 11 01:30:36 UTC 2019

Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com said:
> Per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSSL, OpenSSL added support for tls1.2
> in version 1.0.1.  And that version was end of support in December 2016.

The oldest version I have convenient access to is 1.0.1e on CentOS 6.

> We can add a check for TLS1_2_VERSION (from openssl/tls1.h), if we want to be
> explicit about support for the feature.  We definitely don't want to check
> for the version since features could be backported.

There are various references to TLS1_2_VERSION in the code.  An older version
will get plenty of compiler errors.

It seems unlikely to backport a feature that big.  So far, a few ifdefs on
version seem to be working.

If it's easy for waf, it would be nice to document the version of OpenSSL we
are using to build.