Docs we will need

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Feb 3 23:34:40 UTC 2019

On 2/3/19 4:49 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> We'll need documentation to help people setup things to use NTS.  I think the
> client side will be simple, a sentence or two.
>
> The server side is more complicated.  I think we'll want HOWTO level docs.
> Probably one using Lets Encrypt and maybe others for when you already have a
> certificate infrastructure and maybe one for self signed.

A Let's Encrypt based example would be good. Once we have something
working, that should be easy to write. I can probably write it, since
I'll be doing that myself anyway.

People who have a certificate infrastructure know how to deal with
certificates.

Do not encourage self-signed; if people really want to do that, let them
figure it out.

> Suppose you have 6 servers with
> minsane set to 3 all using each other.  When recovering from a power failure
> everybody ends up waiting for everybody else to get started.

Don't do that? Is this a production scenario or just something you have
going for your own hobby purposes?

How do certificates make this more complicated?

--
Richard