Docs we will need

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Feb 3 22:49:42 UTC 2019

We'll need documentation to help people setup things to use NTS.  I think the
client side will be simple, a sentence or two.

The server side is more complicated.  I think we'll want HOWTO level docs.
Probably one using Lets Encrypt and maybe others for when you already have a
certificate infrastructure and maybe one for self signed.

---------

There is a corner case that doesn't get a lot of publicity - how to get off
the ground.  That's going to get more complicated with certificates.

Here is an example that I've encountered.  Suppose you have 6 servers with
minsane set to 3 all using each other.  When recovering from a power failure
everybody ends up waiting for everybody else to get started.

---------

Years ago, I worked for DEC in Palo Alto.  Power in our corner of the city was
"interesting".  During the summer, our admin guys got a lot of practice in
getting everything going after a power failure.  There was a sheet in the
machine room with an ordered list of steps.