ublox refclock

Trevor N. trv-n at comcast.net
Sun Dec 1 20:16:39 UTC 2019

>Trevor N. trv-n at comcast.net wrote
>
>I have completed a 12-hour run, ntpviz plots are attached. It appears
>that the on-board serial port (F9T) was showing some occasional jitter
>spikes that were not as large as the ones on the pci serial port
>(oncore). I'll do another run with a pci-e (on a CPU lane) serial
>card.
>
>I forgot about ubxtool, so I'll reset the module to factory default
>and then use it to modify the configuration with a script.

Ntpviz data is attached for a 12-hour run using the pcie serial card.
I have also included the ubxtool configuration and ntp.conf files.

 Mean SHM jitter decreased from 214ns to 146ns, but the local time and
frequency jitter values are still worse than they could be.  I used a
polling interval of 4, but I saw suggestions that performance can
improve with polling set to 0.  I'll try again with a value of 0.