ublox refclock

Trevor N. trv-n at comcast.net
Sun Dec 1 01:36:22 UTC 2019

>Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com wrote
>Yo Trevor!
>
>On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 21:18:50 -0500
>"Trevor N. via devel" <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:
>
>> * The F9T was not in its factory configuration, so I restored its
>> default configuration. I then disabled all systems besides GPS,
>> increased the mask angle to 20 degrees, and disabled NMEA output.
>
>This is why I have asked for you to document your config procedure.
>This whould be easy with a few ubxtool commands.
>
>My experiments with the mask angle have led me to just let the u-blox
>pick the best brids with the default setting.
>
>> * The module's PPS offset was -100ms; changed to +0.1ms
>>
>> Collection has been restarted.
>
>That sounds like you were on the wrong edge.

I have completed a 12-hour run, ntpviz plots are attached. It appears
that the on-board serial port (F9T) was showing some occasional jitter
spikes that were not as large as the ones on the pci serial port
(oncore). I'll do another run with a pci-e (on a CPU lane) serial
card.

I forgot about ubxtool, so I'll reset the module to factory default
and then use it to modify the configuration with a script.