✘Warnings on OSX

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Aug 31 19:33:56 UTC 2019

Fred Wright via devel writes:
>> So we need _XOPEN_SOURCE set (or something that implies it)
>> somewhere upstream to get this prototype on newer glibc versions.

As said elsewhere, glibc and other systems can't be controlled in the
same way, you need to check which system you are oin and act
accordingly.

> If it's necessary in some cases, it should be appropriately
> conditional, since it causes trouble in at least some cases as noted
> above.

If OSX is anything like BSD (which I believe to be the case), then
simply defining _XOPEN_SOURCE causes other API (notably the BSD ones) to
become unavilable.  With glibc, things are the other way around: the API
are unavailable unless _GNU_SOURCE or a different set of more specific
feature test macros are defined.

> It looks like refclock_gpsd is the only module that uses both
> strptime() and strlcpy().

Which would explain why the latter becomes unavailable when
_XOPEN_SOURCE deactivatres the BSD API.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: