Driver strategy - we need to decide among incompatible goals

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Fri Aug 16 18:41:35 UTC 2019

Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
> Note that is does not appear to support TSIP binary, only NMEA?

To quote the relevant part of the product description:

"Supports M12 binary protocol as well as identical footprint to the Motorola M12M device."

> So physically an Oncore replacement, but not codewise.

Exactly which part of the sentence quoted above is unclear to you?

>> Their line of GPSDO are also quite interesting, but of course not
>> exactly cheap.
>
> And GPSDO not for NTP.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't relevant, go ahead and look
the product pages up and maybe you'll see that you can easily build an
NTP server with very respectable holdover capability.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: