Driver strategy - we need to decide among incompatible goals

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Aug 15 20:45:53 UTC 2019

Yo Achim!

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 22:21:24 +0200
Achim Gratz via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
> >> the Furuno is still a bit cheaper
> >> (by a factor of three, actually; and not counting the antenna).
> >
> > Got a link to a retail source for this part?
>
> Not sure if it is of any use to you in the U.S., but they do
> officially sell to consumer since some years now:
>
> https://www.buerklin.com/en/Products/Active-Devices/Multi-Chip-Module/GNSS--%26-GPS-Module/MULTI-GNSS-RECEIVER-GT-8736C/p/64S3196

63 euro?  Not bad, if it was documented, and has decent performance.

Note that is does not appear to support TSIP binary, only NMEA?

Here is some doc on the parts:

    https://www.furuno.com/en/gnss/datadownload/

So physically an Oncore replacement, but not codewise.

So off topic to Oncore support.

> Their line of GPSDO are also quite interesting, but of course not
> exactly cheap.

And GPSDO not for NTP.