"serverMime-Version: 1.0

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 3 20:12:58 UTC 2019

> Why?  Well, my IPv6 connections have much less latency and jitter than my
> IPv4 ones.  Without -4 and -6 on the NTP part of NTS I can't make those
> comparisons easily.

If you put the -4 after the "server", it does both the KE and NTP using -4.

Is there a reason you need to do KE over one and NTP over the other?

--------

Implementation details:

The parser sets things up with IF_UNSPEC, IF_INET, or IF_INET6 and a name.
Those get passed to getaddrinfo  (the name gets checked for :port, default is
123)  It uses the first answer for KE, ignoring any others.

The KE processing step starts with the same address, port 123.  If it gets
host or port info via KE, they get merged in.  If the host info is a name
rather than IP Address, it gets looked up and the first answer is used.  The
final address is passed to the main NTP processing using the same path as the
answer from a DNS lookup.

---------

Just curious.  What sort of setup are you using where IPv6 is significantly
better than IPv4?