"serverMime-Version: 1.0

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 3 11:19:08 UTC 2019

> Most of the thread was about trying all the possible IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
> returned for the NTPD server until one worked.  So assuming IPv4 for the NTPD
> when the NTS-KE is IPv4 is not what the WG expects.

I didn't see any consensus that we have to implement all possible
combinations, but rather that the protocol has enough options to implement any
combinations that make sense and probably many that aren't interesting.

As Richard suggested, if we wanted to implement NTS-KE on -4 and NTP on -6,
the syntax would be to add a -4 or -6 between ask/request and the
name/address.  I don't see any reason to implement the ask/request options yet.