Unify clockmaker and pinup; and some other stuff

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Fri Sep 7 02:14:46 UTC 2018

On 9/6/2018 18:49 PM, MIKE MAJOR via devel wrote:
> I have another branch in the queue. It creates directories and
> permissions on /var/lib/ntp & /var/log/ntpstats in clockmaker. These
> directories are not created by clockmaker. Evidence of the missing
> directories were the errors showing up in the log files. One is rather
> important as that is where the driftfile is kept. Oddly enough, the
> HOWTO text has the directories in there already. If the HOWTO section
> numbers existed, I could point you there that way. Suffice it to say
> it is in the section "Smoke-test NTPsec".

Yup - I submitted the changes to the HOWTO on adding those directories a
coupla-three weeks ago. I don't use clockmaker, nor do I touch code, as
the only "coding" I can do are shell scripts.

You might want to take a skim through those recent-ish commit to the
howto, as I'm sure there's been further divergence from clockmaker that
I introduced over the last month or two.

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com