Testing merge requests

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Nov 5 05:47:14 UTC 2018

[Was: Subject: Re: ntpleapfetch broken on FreeBSD 11.2 or NetBSD 8.0]

> I was working on that a little try checking out merge request !831

How do I do that?

That should be simple, but it's not in my working set.  I think I asked a
while ago and didn't get an answer that stuck.  There is probably an
interesting property in git or gitlab that I don't understand.

I need a way to back out if I don't like the change.  Work in a clone and
throw it away if you don't like it is a possible answer, but I expect there is
something better.