SINGLESOCK - How much to strip away?

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:21:43 UTC 2018

On 05/30/2018 02:45 PM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> It can be done in two steps.  First is to dump the work-queue but still make
> each packet get a buffer from the free queue and go back there.  The second
> is to remove the free queue.

Looking at the code, I believe this is the proper action plan for stage
0 (and probably what the commits will look like):

1. Stop using work queue. Handlers are called directly by the receivers.

2. Remove work queue checking by mainloop()

3. Remove work queue.

4. Stop using free queue. Receivers will simply use local structs.

5. Remove free queue.

Stage 1 would then involve refactoring the recvbuf struct to no longer
include the parts used by the queue system.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb

I work for the Internet Civil Engineering Institute <https://icei.org/>,
help us save the Internet from Entropy!