How do I fix a typo in a git commit comment?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Mar 25 23:43:56 UTC 2018

On 03/25/2018 03:56 AM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> How messy is it for people who have cloned/pulled to recover?  I think that's
> the key issue.  Is this a good time for a trial run?

If you catch it right away, you might get away with it, but in general,
don't.

> Are there any alternatives?
See `git notes` to attach notes to objects (e.g. commits) after the fact
without changing the object itself.

Using the example from the man page, try something like this:
git notes add -m 'The 674 should be 474.' c8c888f8

--
Richard