Trying again: prep for 1.0.1

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 18:57:10 UTC 2018

On 03/09/2018 12:43 PM, Mark Atwood, Project Manager via devel wrote:
> Ok, trying again.  We held the 1.0.1 release for a fix for a problem
> that Hal discovered and fixed.  Thank you, Hal!
>
> Since we have a CVE fix in this release, and also a "make it work
> better on AWS AMIs" fix in, I do want to get this release out soonest.
>
> Please chime in, is there any reason to not release?
> I'm targeting Tuesday the 13th of March.
>
> ..m

There was a showstopping ntpsnmpd bug from Jason Azze on the 6th. I
pushed a fix that I think deals with the problem but I have not heard
back yet; pinging him now.

What kind of special labeling does ntpsnmpd require? Is putting
"experimental" in the documentation sufficient? Does it need to give a
warning on launch?

In theory the logging system isn't really up to snuff. However this is
not important enough to block a release, and I'm waiting till after the
release to do some major refactoring which will change logging
requirements anyway.

--
/"In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power? No. A
Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys."/ -- Andrew Ryan

/"Utopia cannot precede the Utopian. It will exist the moment we are fit
to occupy it."/ -- Sophia Lamb