prep for 1.0.1

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 2 02:09:48 UTC 2018

fallenpegasus at gmail.com said:
> If Hal isn't happy, I'm not happy.  I'll hold the release until this gets
> unsnarled.  ..m

It will take a day or two to fix the truncate case.  Maybe tonight.

It will take a week or so to add CMAC support.  Waiting for that seems like a
good idea.  It will give a good focus for a release.

There is a related item I forgot to put on the what-next list.  The crypto
stuff caches the last key stuff in global variables.  That catches encrypting
the reply after decrypting a request.  Seems like a good idea, but the code
sure is ugly.  I think I can fix that by putting some more stuff into the
per-key record and passing around a pointer to the record rather than the key
ID.